This post is also available in: Hrvatski (Croatian)
The organization of work at the Faculty takes place through organizational units:
- Chairs are the basic organizational units of teaching, scientific research, and professional work at the Faculty.
- Institutes are organizational units composed of several chairs. Chairs and laboratories may be established in institutes as smaller organizational units.
INSTITUTE OF GEOMATICS
Institute of Geomatics of the Faculty of Geodesy performs teaching, scientific and professional activities primarily within the area of technical sciences, field of geodesy, branch of maritime, satellite and physical geodesy and branch of geomatics.
- Chair of Analysis and Processing for Geodetic Measurements
- Chair of State Survey
- Chair of Geoinofmatics
- Chair of Hydrography
- Chair of Mathematics and Physics
- Chair of Satellite Geodesy
INSTITUTE OF CARTOGRAPHY AND PHOTOGRAMMETRY
The Institute of Cartography and Photogrammetry of the Faculty of Geodesy, University of Zagreb was established in 2005 by merging two existing institutes, the Institute of Photogrammetry (founded in 1941) and the Institute of Cartography (founded in 1956).
INSTITUTE OF APPLIED GEODESY
Teaching, scientific research and professional activities take place within the chairs as a component of the Institute. Employees of the Institute actively participate in the work of the Technical Committee TO 172 Optics and Optical Instruments and TO 211 Geoinformation / Geomatics at the Croatian Standards Institute (CSI).
- Chair of Instrumental Technique
- Chair of Engineering Geodesy
- Chair of Organizational Theory and Management
- Chair of Spatial Information Management
- Chair of Surveying
- Laboratory for Measurements and Measuring Technique
The Hvar Observatory is an organizational unit of the Faculty with a special financing system, and its main activity is scientific research in the area of natural sciences, scientific fields of physics and geophysics, scientific branch of astronomy and astrophysics.
The head of the observatory is Roman Brajša Ph.D..
Other members of the observatory are:
- Hrvoje Božić, Ph.D.
- Jaša Čalogović, Ph.D.
- Mateja Dumbović, Ph.D.
- Domagoj Ruždjak, Ph.D.
- Ivica Skokić, Ph.D.
- Davor Sudar, Ph.D.
- Toni Viskovic, Ph.D.
- Bojan Vršnak, Ph.D.
THE DEAN'S OFFICE